Every year we have this event with our friends called the Summer Olympics. It's basically playing a bunch of yard games and grilling out. I wanted to bring some sort of treat for everyone to snack on and I found this recipe. It took a total of about 5 minutes to put together and about 22 minutes to bake! They were soft, gooey, and so yummy! The pan was almost empty within a couple hours.
Sunday, July 18, 2010
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup brown sugar, well packed
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups peanut butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups oatmeal (I use half quick cooking and regular oats)
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Set oven to 350 degrees. (make sure rack is in the middle)
2. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
3. In a large bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed cream the butter with both sugars
4. and vanilla until no sugar granules remain.
5. Add in the peanut butter and egg and beat until combined.
6. In a sifter (or a separate bowl) combine the flour with baking soda. Sift into to big bowl mixture and then stir.
7. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
8. Spread into prepared baking dish.
9. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until set (golden brown top).
10. Cool then cut into squares. Easy and simple!